Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've been trying to get better at basic sketching for the past couple of months. Working on a personal comic has really kicked my line art abilities into a new gear, and I find myself realizing that I've missed many valuable years where I should really have spent my time becoming a better draftsmen.

I look back at any of my old drawings, and also my old paintings, and realize that a better under drawing would not only have made the piece a stronger composition, and anatomically more accurate; you can paint faster, and better.

I've underdeveloped a critical skill set


Here's a new sketch, and some of the said comic. I've excluded some pages, so continuity is broken.
No dialog sorry! Its just not ready.

:P
























































































































































More to come in time. I won't be able to work on the comic till I get a job again though :P

No comments:

Post a Comment